Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Reflection from Lim Zhe Bin, Pei Chun Eagles

My Scouts Reflection

For Eco-Adventure 1st to 5th December 09


Day 1
Today I go to Pahang, Malaysia for my scout’s eco-adventure. I am going to sit a train to get there. The train is called the Timuran Express 14 and it is a malaysian train. I think that the Malaysian trains are too slow and are very uncomfortable. The train was going very slowly and there were no beds even though it was late at night. It was only my first trip but I already feel that I do not want to sit a malaysian train again.


Day 2
After today’s caving activities, I hope that there are more caving activities like the ones today. So far, the food is great and better than what I thought it would taste like. The breakfast was good too! I think that the night confidence walk was very important as it teaches us how to use all our senses to find our way through the dark. After having a night in the tent, I think that sleeping in tents is a good experience for me even though I did not get to set up one.


Day 3
Today I had my rock climbing and abseiling activity. I think that doing rock climbing and abseiling activities on natural environments will be so cool. But, only a few people got to try as it had started to rain. I think that I am unfortunate as I missed the rock climbing and abseiling activities because of the rain. I hope that in my future trips that rain will not stop the activities. We had a final challenge to get the best patrol award right at this moment. the challenge was a bodyline race. It was very tough but we learned about teamwork on the way.


Day 4
This morning I woke up to find a smiley-face on my cheek. I had been sabotaged! After finding out, I feel like giving the guy who did it a big punch on the face. If I find out who did it, I might even really do it! To get to the caves today we had to hike through a jungle full of muddy water. (Yummi water! ) I saw leeches and got bitten by one but I still think it is best to just leave them alone and not to kill them unless they give trouble. The cave was very tough to get through but inside the cave it was all very beautiful. We went back to Jerantut to do some shopping! We all bought some breakfast for the next day before eating dinner. I found the change of food strange after eating the food at the camp for so long.


Day5
I sat the train back to Singapore today. It was delayed so we had to take a longer time to get back. Overall, I think the trip is very exciting and educational. I hope to go to another trip again soon. HOME SWEET HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Written by:
Lim Zhe Bin, Pei Chun Public School, Primary 4D